::fibreculture:: Question re Fibrepower conference Sunday session

r.wilken at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au r.wilken at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Aug 1 14:44:43 EST 2003

Dear Fibreculturalists,

As someone who, unfortunately, was not able to attend the recent Fibreculture / Fibrepower gathering, I am interested in hearing from others who did attend more about the sorts of discussions that took place during the Sunday morning session hosted by Axel Bruns entitled 'The Internet is Not Virtual').

Also, as someone who has not previously posted to this list, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Rowan Wilken. I am a doctoral candidate at the University of Melbourne. My PhD is on virtual communities (which I realise is very vague). Other areas of research interest include media and communications, architectural theory, aesthetics, everyday life and 'new' media.

Cheers, Rowan.
r.wilken at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au