::fibreculture:: napster making a comeback?

Jason Wilson Jason.Wilson at griffith.edu.au
Mon Aug 25 13:48:11 EST 2003

John, Terry, all

Hmmmm... it seems like it would be difficult to move for product placements
in the Italian job, what with the new mini airborne throughout most of the
film (judging by the trailers, that is). Still, I'm game (though I will
find it difficult to accept Marky Mark as a Michael Caine surrogate).

Unfortunate strip-tease metaphor given the final animation, jOhn.

cheers
Jason Wilson

At 01:20 PM 25/08/2003 +1000, Terry Flew wrote:
>John
>
>I haven't seen the film myself, but I'm told that Napster gets some very
nice product placement in 'The Italian Job', including a cameo role for
Shawn Fanning. Anyone know more about this?

>Terry
>
>At 12:47 PM 25/08/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>>For anyone interested in p2p and/or the rise and pummeling of Napster -
and who have a moment to spare - have a look at these little animations
<http://www.napsterbits.com> --- i particularly liked number three. It's an
interesting way of re-entering a market - like a strip tease.

fibreculture-request at lists.myspinach.org
>>::with "subscribe" in the subject line
>>::unsubcribe: fibreculture-request at lists.myspinach.org
>>::with "unsubscribe" in the subject line
>>::info and archive: http://www.fibreculture.org
>>::please send announcements to seperate mailinglist:
>>::
>
>Dr. Terry Flew
>Senior Lecturer and Discipline Head, Media and Communication
>Course Co-ordinator, Creative Industries postgraduate coursework degree
program
>Reviews Editor, Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies
>
>Creative Industries Faculty
>Queensland University of Technology
>
>GPO Box 2434
>Brisbane Queensland 4001
>
>Phone: 61-07-3864 2276
>Fax: 61-07-3864 1810
>Mobile: 0405 070 980
>Email: t.flew at qut.edu.au
>Research profile:
http://www.creativeindustries.qut.com/people/staff/next.jsp?userid=flew&seci
d=Introduction

>CRICOS No: 00213J
>
>IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
>confidential information. If you think you may not be the intended
>recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the
>sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the
>intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or
>disclose its contents to any other party. Please do not forward this email
- or sections of its content without checking with the sender in advance.
Thank you.