::fibreculture:: Digital Radio Futures

Katie Cavanagh katie.cavanagh at flinders.edu.au
Thu Aug 11 11:41:03 EST 2005

Hi Simon,

There are some interesting scenarios appearing around podcasting. While I
was presenting some lectures for another lecturer's  topic, a student asked
if they could podcast my talk. It was OK with me, but I said "no" because I
am not certain how Flinders University would feel about students podcasting
lectures. I do not know if he would have added a commentary as he ambushed
me just as I stepped forward to talk.  At least he asked, but there are
often students with tape recorders in lectures and I wonder if any of them
are podcasting sans permission, and what are the repercussions if someone does?

I don't have time to write an article, but I am very interested in
following this thread.

Regards,

Katie Cavanagh
Digital Media Lecturer