::fibreculture:: Re: WebCT, OpenSource and Beyond

Doug Moncur Doug.Moncur at aiatsis.gov.au
Tue Aug 16 12:32:02 EST 2005

One alternative open source VLE that's used by a few uni's in the UK
(including Oxford) is Bodington - http://bodington.org/index.jsp . I
don't think it's much known outside of the UK.

I've not used it for teaching but when I was at York (the UK one not
Canada) I project managed a small scale installation for use teaching a
module of a Master's course.
This was a get out of jail exercise after we dumped WebCT when the
licence fees became unsustainable for the amount of use we were making
of WebCT at the time.

>From what I've heard after I moved on Bodington was pretty successful
as an alternative.

-Doug

--
Doug Moncur
Digital Asset Management System Project Manager

ph: +61 2 6246 1102  fx: +61 2 6246 4285
web: www.aiatsis.gov.au