::fibreculture:: Re: posting guidelines

Anna Munster a.munster at unsw.edu.au
Thu Aug 25 15:15:11 EST 2005

Stephen Loosely said:
> Having been a member for four years or so, in my opinion
> the fibreculture list has been a failure for much of this time.

well - you've been a member and I don't remember having seen a lot of
you - why don't you post more? The failure of a list is simply the
list's failure not that of a chosen few who should be charged with its
constant sucess!!

> Please note, I say this with disappointment, but, because of
> the lack of emails. It's probably the slowest list of the many
> lists I for one subscribe to, and I believe that's a real shame.

we all have different list experiences but I have to say that the ones
I'm on at the moment (6 others) are going at a slower pace than
fibreculture. These range from arts, curating, reading groups and urban
studies and are located in Britain, Europe, Australia, US and India.
Actually one I'm on, I'm not even sure if it is still going, hasn't had
a posting to it for about a year!! I really like this list - it's very
considered ;-)

Personally I like the ebb and flow of lists - not constant
"coming-at-ya" tempo. I get that from my tv set and from radio.

I completely disagree that dynamism = speed.

for me, the dynamics of list cultures include many moments of boredom,
drag and unresolved conflict.

I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about list tempo
and dynamics. This is a subject I'm interested in researching as part
of a broader "distributed aesthetics" project

cheers
Anna

> Dr. Anna Munster
Senior Lecturer