[tof] Funding Boxes

tof at lists.culture2.org tof at lists.culture2.org
Thu Apr 28 12:40:19 EST 2005

Hi JH

I think your point that "in some ways everyone is a digital practitioner
these days, and increasingly people working in documentary are also working
in what was once called 'new media' " is actually a key issue.  Our funding
structures reflect three main boxes:  documentary, drama and digital media.
However, I believe truly innovative filmmaking crosses these boundaries and
incorporates storytelling which is driven by content and not form.  As you
know this approach can develop incredibly interesting and at times cutting
edge work, but is difficult to finance because it does not "fit" into one
distinct funding box or stream.

Fiona Tuomy