[tof] Funding Boxes

tof at lists.culture2.org tof at lists.culture2.org
Thu Apr 28 13:01:37 EST 2005

That is true. However, just as an aside, we do have the curious situation in
multimedia in which it will ONLY be funded if it can be hybridised with
film. The Australia Council went the same way, with digital funding only
available in inter-form co-operations, largely with dance.

And of course there is a prejudice inside film that says feature film
directors are welcome to make documentaries, but it is hard for a
documentarian to use a track record in our form to establish a feature film
career. I happen to think that particular prejudice stinks.

I am all for Fiona's open model. It should also allow digital practitioners
to be the lead creatives in MM projects, and it should empower
documentarians to do drama.

I should emphasise this is an aside, but never let it be said that a person
from the documentary world turned down the chance to make a point..

- david tiley